Minnesota Judicial Center
The Minnesota Judicial Center is one of several in the immediate area, including the State Capitol, that comprise the state's administrative functions. As its name indicates, the Center houses the state Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and the Worker's Compensation Court. The state law library is also located here. The building was constructed in 1917 to house the Minnesota Historical Society, which moved to the Minnesota History Center in 1992. Architect Clarence H. Johnston designed the building in the Neoclassical style, incorporating eight, two-story Ionic columnns on the west-facing facade (the Center's main entrance). The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Backstory and Context
Coddington, Donn. "Minnesota Historical Society Building." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. March 20, 1973. https://npgallery.nps.gov/GetAsset/e022efbe-f631-49ea-925c-80deedb83c6b.
Photo: Jonathunder, via Wikimedia Commons