Due to the addition of land, a building committee was formed to build the new church it consisted of members such as Joseph P. Labruce and John Crittenden. The cornerstone of the church was laid on September 15th, 1825. The church was 55 feet long and 30 feet wide. The church began using the new building for worship in the year of 1826, however, it would not be fully finished until 1830. The church's name changed to Christ Church when it became initiated into the diocese of South Carolina as Christ Church Parish.
Throughout the years the small church would continue to grow, and was unable to hold its congregation. On September 29th, 1854 a new building was constructed. The church was supposed to be entirely Gothic in construction, but due to funds this was not possible, it did however still contain many Gothic structures. Today it is recognized as a prime example of Gothic architecture and includes a large nave, large stain glass windows, balconies, and a brick bell tower. As the years have progressed structures have been added. In addition to the main building, there is a courtyard. This courtyard is home to many notable figures from the United States including former church members, members of the clergy, former mayors of Greenville, and a mayor of South Carolina. Other notable figures include: Benjamin Franklin Perry, William H. Perry, and US Senator Joseph H. Earle. Lastly, Vardry McBee the father of Greenville lays to rest in this courtyard. The courtyard had a historical marker added to it in 1967.