Following the creation of Woodside Mill, an entire village would be created. As the business and economic revenue began to rise so did the amount of workers and buildings in the village. The village would grow to contain many houses, two churches, a baseball field, recreational building, and an on site store. The village was divided up into four sections.The baseball field, was particularly a point of interest in the village and was part of the local textile association of baseball teams. It helped bring the mill communities together, giving them a sense of pride.
The main mill, was located on the corner of the village near Woodside Ave. and East Main Street. The mill was one large rectangle, and had four stories. It was made out of bricks and backed by lumber on the inside. The mill had many large windows on both sides of the building. Inside the mill there was a boiler room, pump room, engine room, and a restroom for workers. Connected to the mill was a 150 feet tall brick smokestack. The Woodside mill's main building housed over 112,000 spindles producing around 40,000 miles of cloth each year.
Throughout the years it served as a historical reminder of the advancement of Greenville as well as the textile industry. During the great depression, John Woodside lost ownership of the mill. The Beatie family purchased the mill from them in the year of 1936 and not long after the mill would be purchased by Dan River Mills in 1956. It was sold too Alchem Chemical in 1984, and Eugene Stone Manufacturing in 1987.The building was set to be reconstructed into apartments in early 2012 however the plan fell through. There have been plans to annex the building but nothing has been put into place. This village was added to the list of National Historical Places in 1987.