Austin City Hall
Austin City Hall, located n Austin, Nevada, was built in 1866 soon after the prosperous silver-mining community of Austin was incorporated as a city. The two-story brick building includes original features such as a decorative wooden flagpole and barred vents for a former basement jail. L. Richardson was the building's contractor and local carpenters Pearce & Culbertson erected the flagpole. In 1904 the building was acquired by the Knights of Pythias fraternal organization, which added an enclosed stair and a dressing room with grained closet doors. The American Legion purchased the building in 1947 and it now serves as meeting space for the American Legion and the VWF.