Siele (USS Aquamarine)
Vessel as the Miss Ann
Vessel as the Siele, courtesy of Maunsel White
Technical Drawing of the Siele from the May 1926 Rudder magazine, courtesy of Maunsel White
Vessel as the USS Aquamarine PYc 7, courtesy of Jim Swank
Backstory and Context
Under the Navy, the yacht was converted into a military vessel and commissioned as a patrol boat, christened the USS Aquamarine. It was assigned to the Naval Research Laboratory in Bellevue, D.C. to assist with experimentation, primarily with underwater sound work. Between 1945 and 1946, it was assigned as a tender to the presidential yachts Potomac and Williamsburg. The Aquamarine was decommissioned as a military vessel in 1946 and sold to Colonle E.M. Grimm in 1947, who switched the name back to the Seawolf.
The Seawolf was bought by the Tides Inn in 1954 and renamed the Miss Ann. The ship served as a passenger vessel until 2008, when it was purchased by a private citizen to be used as a charter service. The Miss Ann was transferred to the Colonial Beach Yacht Center in 2013.
National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. National Parks Service. http://www.dhr.Virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Lancaster/051-0010_Miss_Ann_Yacht_1998_Final_Nomination.pdf.