In early January 1907, work finished on Agricultural Hall. Later known as Old Aggie, this building is situated at the foot of the ridge that runs east of the university president's residence. It cost $20,948 to complete. Constructed of native limestone with Kentucky sandstone trimmings, the five-story structure housed facilities, such as lecture rooms; reading rooms; laboratories; offices; and a library for the purpose of instruction and research in a number of scientific fields. These included Agronomy, Horticulture, Veterinary Science, Mycology, Bacteriology, and Soil Physics. Additionally, Agricultural Hall's basement was fitted for the installation of a creamery and dairy plant. Behind the building were five greenhouses for agricultural and horticultural study and a power plant to provide electricity to the complex.
Price Hall was renamed in honor of the longest-serving dean of agriculture in Virginia Tech's history. Harvey Lee Price, an alumnus with two degrees from the institution, became a faculty member in 1900 and headed the horticultural department for six years. He served as dean of agriculture from 1908 to 1945. Additionally, Price also was the treasurer of the Athletic Council and achieved Fellow status in the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He oversaw campus landscaping and is remembered for working hard to protect the campus apple orchard.