The W. H. Over Museum is a cultural and natural history museum located on the University of South Dakota-Vermillion campus. Originally founded in 1883 but not opened to the public until 1913, the museum houses and displays a wide variety of items and artifacts. These include Native American artifacts, rock, mineral and fossil specimens, photographs, artwork, hand tools, wagons, and furniture. Exhibits include a bison display, a Lakota camp, a rural school exhibit, and a shotgun and rifle collection. The museum is named after William Henry Over, a former curator of the museum and the state's first published archaeologist and collector of natural, cultural, and historical artifacts.