Former Fire Station and City Hall
Constructed in 1915, this historic building was home to both the city government and the fire department. The city still operated a volunteer department at the time, and continued to do so until the 1950s. The building is now owned by Texas State University.
Backstory and Context
By the late 1960s, this building no longer served as a fire station. For a short period, it operated as a museum. During the 1980s, the structure was saved from possible demolition and renovated. Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University) acquired the building in 1991 and converted it into studio space.