This very small community is located between downtown Orlando and south Orange. Edgewood was initially constructed in 1881 when the railroad from Orlando to Tampa was being built. However, it was not until the 1920’s when real growth commenced in this area. In 1924, the residential was split into Edgewood, Pine Castle and Belle Isle, still bearing those names today. To this day, the railroad passes through the residential areas.