The Lake Mary Historical Museum preserves and promotes the history of the city and the surrounding area. Efforts to maintain and enhance the museum are accomplished by members of the Lake Mary Historical Society and other volunteers. The building itself, constructed in 1926, was added to the National Register of Historic Places for its Frame Vernacular architecture and its historical use as a place for civic, social and entertainment activities.
The building was built in 1926 by Frank Evans to be used as a community center and also as the offices for the Lake Mary of Chamber of Commerce. This historical building was later used as the City Hall for Lake Mary when the city was incorporated in 1973 until 1990 when the new City Hall was built. The museum now includes exhibits about local history, art, culture and trains, photographs, documents, and other materials that are related to the city of Lake Mary. Efforts to maintain and enhance the museum are accomplished by members of the Lake Mary Historical Society and other volunteers. The contents available in the museum have either been donated or are on permanent or temporary loan.