Aurora Regional Fire Museum
The museum has been located in the city's historic Central Fire Station since 1990.
This photograph was taken around 1870, shortly after the establishment of what grew to become the Aurora Fire Department. The Aurora Steam Fire Engine Co.is on the left, and the Holly Hose Company is on the right.
The "new' Central Fire Station was built in 1894 and replaced a previous station that was at this location and known as the "Number 1 Hose House."
The museum dates back to 1968, when Chief Charlie Goodwin (pictured here) created a set of exhibits in the basement of Station 4
Backstory and Context