Safety Harbor Church
The community of Safety Harbor, once known as Green Springs, represented an early settlement site along the Pinellas Peninsula, near the Odet Philippe homestead and the Bay View community. Early church services in the area were held at Sylvan Abbey Methodist Episcopal Church by 1886, but gatherings ended at the Abbey after 1900. The 1888 pulpit was brought from the Abbey to this structure. The wood for the church came from E. H. Coachman’s sawmill, once located on a site within present-day Philippe Park.