Clio Logo
Heritage Village
Entry 17 of 20
This is a contributing entry for Heritage Village and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.

 Located along southern boundary of original (August 1888) town plat of St. Petersburg.  Land once owned by “General” John Constantine Williams, Sr.  Part of “Williams Grove” on original town plat.  Land was subdivided and sold in parcels after Williams’s death in 1892.  Former Williams House (built in 1891) later became Manhattan Hotel, a nearby source of customers for the business. The Williams House presently resides on the campus of the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.  Improvements to nearby Bayboro Harbor and Salt Creek brought more settlers, as did the creation of Charles Roser’s subdivision, Roser Park.


  • H.C. Smith Store, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1921.
  • View of 6th Avenue South and H.C. Smith Store, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1921.
  • H.C. Smith Store, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1987.
  • Postcard of Webb’s City, St. Petersburg, Florida, undated.
  • H.C. Smith Store, St. Petersburg, 1937.