Clio Logo

The Oakley Racetrack opened in 1889 and closed shortly after a new law prohibited gambling in 1905. The track was most recognizable by the domes on its grandstand. Parts of the former club house remain and are now part of a private residence.


  • Oakley race track was a popular gathering place at the turn of the century until new laws prohibited gambling.
The land around the racetrack was sold to the Cincinnati Milling Machine plant, which constructed housing for workers around the plant. Some of the track facilities were also converted into housing at this time.

Today, Oakley is a major "crosstown artery" of Cincinnati. What was once home to a racetrack and several factories are now retail and residential areas.