Old Currituck County Courthouse and Jail
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, the Old Currituck County Courthouse and Jail is one of the oldest jails remaining in the state and is also one of the buildings left from the town's early period. It was built around 1820 and was expanded in 1842, 1877, and 1952. A new building replaced the original one (it is not clear when) but there is an interpretive sign just in front of the old building.
The Old Currituck County Courthouse and Jail