Frazier Farmstead Museum
Situated along the Walla Walla River, the Frazier Farmstead Museum was once the home of the Frazier family. William S. Frazier arrived in the area around 1890 and built the first iteration of the farmstead house in 1892. He was an early pioneer in the area and founded the town of Milton. The museum includes the main house and several other buildings, some of which are original. The house contains period furniture and 19th century items, some belonging to the family. The family lived in the house until 1983 and willed it to the town which subsequently opened it as museum soon after. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
The Frazier Farmstead Museum house
Backstory and Context
The house was moved 100 feet from its original spot to make way for a road. It was remodeled in 1896 and then in 1913 (the year it was moved). It was modernized in 1983.