Statue of William Judson Boone, College of Idaho
Th statue honors missionary and founder of what grew to become the College of Idaho-the oldest liberal arts college in the state. William Judson Boone served as principal when the school opened in 1891 with nineteen students. He served as the college's president for 45 years. Under his leadership, the school grew to full college status and moved to this location in 1910.
Statue of William Judson Boone
Backstory and Context
In 1991, the name was changed to Albertson College of Idaho to honor alumnus and donor Joe Albertson and his wife Kathryn. In October 2007, the name was changed back to the College of Idaho.