Clio Logo

Built in 1903 as a school, the Barnegat Light Historical Society Museum preserves the town's the town's history. It contains many photos from the first half of the 1800s as well as the first degree Fresnel lens that once sat atop the Barnegat Lighthouse. The building operated as a school until 1951. The museum opened in 1954.


  • The Barnegat Light Historical Society Museum
  • The Fresnel light
http://lbi.net/nonprof/blhist.htm Nanci Kostrub. "Barnegat Light Historical Society Museum," National Register of Historic Places. 6-7-76.