Nash Farm Battlefield & Museum
Backstory and Context
Nash Farm Battlefield, a public park of over 200 acres, is located in western Henry County about 21 miles south of Atlanta. The Civil War battles called "Lovejoy" or "Lovejoy's Station" once covered many square miles of land; however, much of it has been developed.
Local citizens, preservationists, and historians fought hard to stop the development of the rural farmland, which Henry County purchased to develop a historic park to commemorate the Civil War battle. The farmhouse on the property is now the museum and the barn has been renovated into a public meeting and event facility. Walking trails have been built through the property.
During the second half of 1864, the Nash Farm was the scene of much military activity, including Kilpatrick's Raid, infantry battles and skirmishes that marked the end of the Atlanta Campaign, as well as the campsites belonging to Confederate General Stephen Dill Lee's Army Corps.