Fell's Point was originally established as a colonial maritime community in 1726 by William Fell, a shipbuilder from Lancashire, England. The area was established as a town in 1763. Starting in the colonial era and going through the Civil War, more than six hundred ships were built here, including USS Frigate Constellation. Fells Point is located in the southeast section of the city, along the north shore of Baltimore Harbor and he Northwest Branch of the Patapsco River. Today, the area is home to over 120 pubs, a municipal marketplace, and a variety of coffee shops, music stores, antique shops, etc.