Clio Logo

George Boldt, the former manager of New York's Waldorf-Asotia Hotel, began building this landmark tourist attraction in 1900 as a gift for his wife. Louise Kehrer Boldt died in 1904, and construction ceased and the unfinished stone structure was left incomplete for 74 years. Eager to promote tourism in the area, the Thousand Islands Bridge Authority acquired the property in 1977 and spent $15 million completing and restoring the complex. Guests can tour a number of finished rooms within the castle, while some sections of the building are still incomplete. The island and historic castle are a popular destination for day trips, and also a leading destination for weddings.


  • Aerial View
  • Aster Tower
  • Boldt Castle
  • Power House