Manti Utah Temple
Built in 1888 after ten years of construction, Manti Utah Temple was the third Mormon (Church of the Latter-day Saints) erected west of the Mississippi River. It rests on a hill and is a prominent landmark that can be seen for miles. Architect William Harrison Folsom designed the building incorporating several styles including Gothic Revival and French Renaissance Revival. It is a large church covering over 100,000 square feet of space and its two towers are 179 feet tall. Only church members in good standing are allowed to enter the building. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.