Little Egg Harbor Friends Meeting House
Built in 1863 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Little Egg Harbor Friends Meeting House is a historic Quaker meeting house in Tuckerton, New Jersey. Members hold monthly meetings here to discuss issues pertaining to the congregation (as what occurs in all Quaker meeting houses) and worship services on Sunday mornings. The building reflects the changing practices of Quakers in the mid-1800s, as more and more began to adopt more mainstream evangelical thoughts and practices (such as giving up their disitinctive clothing). The growing national economy and advances in technology and community prompted many Quakers to embrace these changes. The meeting house is the second one on the site.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Egg_Harbor_Friends_Meeting_House http://triptych.brynmawr.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SC_Houses/id/2539 http://www.pym.org/meetings/location/little-egg-harbor-monthly-meeting Catherine C. Lavoie. "Little Egg Harbor Friends Meeting House," National Register of Historic Places. 12-9-02.