Although this is not the original location of the 1870 church, it is the same congregation. The Church was actually founded as a result of a dispute between the Rev. C.F. Magelson and his congregation in Luther Valley. 35 families withdrew form the church and organized the Lutheran Church in Orfordville. In June of 1973 the old church was razed and the new stone complex was opened. The stained glass windows and alter from the original building were saved however.