Built in 1915, the former Thief River Falls Public Library was constructed with the help of a donation from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. By 1966, the building needed repairs and was too small so the library moved across the street to its present location. The old building has currently undergone a significant restoration effort. It will become a place for community events and social gatherings. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.