The Spring Street Historical Museum is located in one of the oldest remaining buildings and in downtown Shreveport, Louisiana. The museum is dedicated towards preserving the history of Shreveport from the 18th and 19th centuries. It offers permanent and revolving exhibits. Its collection includes vintage clothing dating to 1835, toys, firearms, swords, photographs, antique maps, period furniture, and plantation records. She floor features an exhibit that recreates a Victorian parlor in the 1870s-1880s. The museum is operated by the Shreveport Committee of the National Society of Colonial Dames.
The building was likely constructed around the beginning of the Civil War but the first occupant, Tally's Bank, did not move in until 1866. Several other banks as well as insurance companies and other business were located in the building during the following decades. The last owners donated the building a women's group called the National Society of Colonial Dames in 1975 which oversaw restoration and led efforts to have the building placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.