Stark Young was the most famous resident of the Walton-Young house, and he remained there while attending Ole Miss at the turn of the century. Young became a well-known novelist and playwright.1
After Dr. and Mrs. Young passed away, the First Presbyterian Church of Oxford bought the home in 1925 to use as a parsonage. Four different families resided in the house over the next fifty years until 1974, when the university bought the house and used it for the Center for the Study of Southern Culture and the Honors College. In 1997, the house became a part of the University Museum. According to the official website,
The house is located at the corner of University Avenue and Fifth Street, adjacent to the University Museum. The house is currently closed to the public for renovations.1Although the house is closed to the public, the University of Mississippi Museum created an art installation at the house in early 2019. The installation featured art from local artists Rebekah Flake, Valerie Guinn Polgar, and Sarah Barch. The purpose of the installation is to bring the house to life. Due to its location and its links to both the town and the university, the house is seen as a point of connection for the area.