The Rounds Cemetery is an early family burial ground, enclosed by a low stone wall and entered through a small iron gate. It was established in 1825 on land purchased by Jacob Rounds who is believed to be the first burial in 1833.
Backstory and Context
Buried there are: Alford, Amanda, Benjamin, Daniel, Jacob, Jothan, Mima, Parmella, Rachael, Theodore, Warren, Willie, and Zillah Rounds. Other relatives include: Celestia Coleman, Jacob DuBois, Minnie Fairbanks, Sally Ann Grey, Capt. William Jones, Andrew Leighton, W.H. Potts, and Hester Veley,
2012 Local Historic Landmark
2012 State and National Register Eligible