Old Orange County Courthouse
Built in 1901, the Old Orange County Courthouse in Santa Ana, California, served as the county's courthouse for several decades. It was designed by Charles L. Wright in the Romanesque Revival style and resembled a county courthouse in Iowa (many residents of Iowa moved to Orange County). The courthouse is the location for the Orange County History Center, which consists of the Orange County Museum, the Orange County Archives, and the Pacific Coast Archaeological Society. Some government offices are still housed in the building as well. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 and is also a California Historical Landmark. The buildings has an exhibition gallery in which temporary and permanent local and regional exhibits are displayed.
http://ocparks.com/historic/oldcourt/history. Retrieved 5-19-15.