Casa Romantica is a historic home located in San Clemente, California. It was built in 1927 by the founder of the city, Ole Hanson, who wanted to create a Spanish village by the sea. The house was designed by Carl Lindbom in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. Today, the home is now the Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens. The center offers arts, music, history, horticultural, and literature programs for people of all ages. As such, it is a premier social and cultural center in southern California. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
Several owners lived in the house after Hanson and his family. In 1946, Lamber and Patricial Schuyler bought the house and renamed it Casa Romantica. Later owners changed the name again and the house served as a senior citizen's home. George and Louise Welsh bought the house in 1984 and renamed it Casa Romantica. They leased the house to businesses for special events until 2000. The San Clemente Redevelopment Authority bought it in 1989. It is not clear as to when the house opened as a cultural center.