Phelps House Museum
This historic home was built in 1851 by William Garrett, a leading merchant who lived in Burlington in a period when the city was growing rapidly. The home served this family for three generations and was even home to a hospital. The home was donated by the Phelps family-descendants of Mr. Garrett, and is operated as a house museum operated by the Des Moines County Historical Society.
In 1972, the Phelps family donated the home to the Des Moines County Historical Society.