Bethabara Historic District
Bethabara Historic District was a small Moravian community located in Forsyth County, North Carolina that was first settled in 1753. It is now a National Historic Landmark and is an open air museum. Today, what remains of the village, including the excavated foundations of the original buildings, the restored Gemeinhaus (Moravian church), and the reconstructed palisade and colonial gardens, is all part of Historic Bethabara Park. Guides in historic dress offer tours of this National Historic Site. Guests will learn the history of the Moravians and how they came to this area in 1753.
Backstory and Context