Whitewater Historical Society
Whitewater Historical Society operates a local history museum and archive in the historic Whitewater Passenger Depot, which was built in 1890. The Society was established in 1947 and has successfully preserved and renovated a number of historic sites in the area, in addition to offering educational program for children and adults. The Society also operates a library that includes thousands of historic photos, manuscripts, and genealogical resources.
The City of Whitewater purchased the depot in 1973, granting the historical society use of the building in order to operate a museum and archive.