Once the site of blacksmith shops in the 1850’s and 60’s, in 1896 the land was purchased by the Jefferson Village Board for a town hall and fire engine garage. Charles Stoppenbach built the building in 1871 with additions added over the decades. City Hall was here until it moved to the Armory in 1964. The Fire Department was headquartered here until the new fire house was buildt in 1979. Then Morgan and Myers Advertising Agency bought the building.