A large automobile garage, with a hayloft and side shed for wood, was constructed in 1920. "It must be as big as a country church," Gari Melchers described the structure to his wife in a letter. Today the building serves as the Marguerite Stroh Visitor Center and Stafford County Visitor Center. Staff office are on the second floor.
Visitor Center, former barn
Site Drawing by Corinne Melchers
Melchers Era Automobile Garage