In 1889, Adirondack National Bank president Richard H. McIntyre purchased a lot now occupied by 4-6 Broadway facing onto Berkeley Square. Within a year, McIntyre had built a three-story wooden building. McIntyre owned the lot until November, 1908, when he sold it to H. Ray Williams. There is photographic evidence that a pharmacy, Lionel F. Miller's, occupied the single storefront after WWI. In November, 1935, Caroline H. Hull and her jeweler husband owned the building. Sometime around 1940, that space was leased to Bernard K. Wilson, who operated Bernie Wilson's Restaurant from 1940 through at least 1962 (when it suffered a night time break in). Hull sold the building to William A. Carson in September, 1944; and it remained in the Carson family until Nancy Miner (Pandolfo) purchased it in November, 1973. Alice Carter and Ronald F. and Beryl D. Laramee acquired the building from Pandolfo in November, 1978. The building is presently occupied by The Book Nook (2020).
McIntyre Block, Historic Saranac Lake Local Wiki. Accessed April 24th 2020. https://localwiki.org/hsl/McIntyre_Block.
Historic Saranac Lake Collection