This property was platted in 1877 under the Original Plat Green River. Local historian Jim June refers to it as the “Spinner House,” after the builder but it is also known as the Gaensslen house, referring to the long-time residents. According to histories that include this house, it was built in 1880 by Karl Spinner. It is reported that Spinner built the house to appease his wife, but they ultimately moved to Salt Lake City. Spinner sold the house and brewery to Hugo Gaensslen in 1891.